Product Details - Deuter Fox 30 Backpack
New color for 2013! Delivering "adult" performance in a size appropriate for young backpackers, the Deuter Fox 30 Youth internal frame pack is built for backcountry adventure. A capacity of 1850 cubic inches equips the Fox 30 Youth pack for long day hikes or overnight trips.
The Fox 30 Youth pack utilizes Deuter's Alpine Back System. Comprised of two vertical padded foam strips and an X-frame of lightweight aluminum stays, the Alpine Back System offers stability and comfort while providing a "chimney" at the spinal column for ventilation. Anatomically contoured shoulder straps enhance flexibility, comfort and precision fit. Further enhancing fit and allowing for the growth of young backpackers, Deuter's Vari-Quick harness system adjusts easily to accommodate torsos ranging from 10"-17" in length. Ventilated pads in the back, shoulder straps and hipbelt help to keep you cool and comfortable on your adventures. Load-lifter straps and a sternum strap work in tandem with the shoulder and lumbar padding to effectively distribute weight throughout the pack, further ensuring stability and comfort.
A top loading main compartment, a bottom entry compartment and side bellows pockets allow for organization and separation of wet and dry gear. A zippered lid pocket and elastic side pockets provide additional places to store and organize gear.
Other special features of the Fox 30 Youth include an ice axe loop, trekking pole loops, and a sternum strap buckle that doubles as a safety whistle. A lined sleeve in the main compartment, built-in tube exit points, and a drinking tube clip on the shoulder strap combine to make the Fox 30 Youth hydration system compatible.
Product Specifications - Deuter Fox 30 Backpack
- Variquick harness allows quick, easy adjustment of torso length for kid's growing frame
- Back panel features "chimney" style twin vertical 3D air-mesh foam pads that vent away warm air and sweat to keep you dry
- Contoured, padded shoulder straps are lined with 3D air-mesh for breathability and feature stabilizer straps for ideal positioning of pack
- Soft hip pads and hipbelt wrap body, stabilizing and controlling lateral movements of pack while on the go
- Top-loading main compartment has plenty of room for an overnight or lightweight weekend trip
- 2 lid pockets and side bellows pockets store often-accessed gear such as headlamp, baseball hat, sunscreen, bug repellent, found treasures and more
- Hydration-compatible design features reservoir pocket and drink tube exit port for on-the-go hydration (reservoir sold separately)
- 2 side mesh pockets are roomy enough for water bottles and snacks
- Bottom zippered compartment separates a sleeping bag or dirty clothes
- Side compression straps let you cinch down loads for jostle-free carrying; ice axe loops and pole attachments allow additional gear to be strapped on to the pack exterior
Size - Deuter Fox 30 Backpack
|Recommended Use:||Extended Day Hiking or Overnight Backpacking|
|Weight:||2 lb 7 oz|
|Dimensions:||22" x 11" x 8"|
|Type:||Internal Frame Backpack|
|Volume:||1850 cu in|
|Material:||Ballistic 420D/Ripstop 210D|
|Access:||Top Loading w/ Bottom Compartment Access|
|Maximum Weight:||30 lbs|
|Sternum Strap:||Yes; Adjustable Position|