Product Details - 2012 Crescent Moon Gold 9 Snowshoes
The popular 2012 Crescent Moon Gold 9 / Gold 10 snowshoesare versatile, all terrain snowshoes packed with innovative features designed to optimize traction, flotation, and comfort during any go-anywhere / all-terrain style snowshoe adventures over rolling hills, steep climbs and descents, heavy snow covered valley floors and icy wind-swept lakes, scenic overlooks etc. The Crescent Moon Gold 9 / Gold 10 snowshoes feature a unique tear drop frame design to achieve maximum flotation without sacrificing a natural walking stride. Thanks to the tapered tails, the snow shoes pass by each other without making contact. To be as light and as durable as possible, the frames of the Gold 9 and Gold 10 are made of high quality, aircraft grade aluminum. The frame is then powder coated for added protection against abrasion and to eliminate the buildup of snow and ice, which can otherwise weigh snow shoes down.
The Gold SPL (Single Pull Loop) binding on the Crescent Moon Gold series snowshoes features a horizontal stabilizer beneath the footplate for greater control and offers trouble-free single handed entry and exit that firmly and comfortably supports the boot with equal tension to eliminate pressure points. One pull of the loop tightens the polymer gel harness around the forefoot and distributes even pressure in all directions while conforming to the profile of any choice of footwear. A quick adjustment to the ratcheting heel strap locks the foot firmly in place, and you’re ready to hit the trail. Solid, reliable traction comes by way of the exclusive Crescent Moon snowshoes three stainless steel crampons placed under the heel, ball of foot and the toe area. Because the toe is the last part of the foot to leave the ground, the addition of the toe claw greatly enhances traction on uphill climbs resulting in unmatched control. BOTTOM LINE: The Gold series snowshoes from Crescent Moon are lightweight and durable, responsive and ergonomic, and ideally suited for snowshoers seeking an exceptionally easy to use, all around snowshoe capable of delivering superb stability, traction and flotation on even the most challenging terrain and snow conditions.
RECOMMENDED USE: A fantastic, all-around snowshoe choice for short snowshoe romps through the woods as well as more challenging all day excursions to the top of your favorite mountain or exploring any new hidden winter routes taking you to rewarding scenic overlooks and back again. And the bindings are among the easiest to use in the industry.
Product Specifications - 2012 Crescent Moon Gold 9 Snowshoes
- Unique teardrop shape maximizes flotation and facilitates a more natural stride.
- Gold SPL (Single Pull Loop) binding is as easy to use as it sounds — one quick pull followed by an adjustment to the ratcheting heel strap and you’re good to go! New enlarged binding on the Gold 10 even fits boots up to size 15.
- Pliable polymer gel binding harness wraps around the foot with equal tension for optimum support and comfort and to provide the perfect fit.
- Horizontal stabilizer beneath the footplate for greater control.
- 6063 aircraft grade aluminum frame is TIG welded and powder coated for strength and durability.
- Earth friendly TGS (The Good Stuff) decking contains no harmful PVC and is lightweight, durable, and highly abrasion resistant in all snow conditions.
- Exclusive 3 claw traction places stainless steel crampons under the heel, ball of foot, and toe area for remarkable traction in all conditions and challenging terrain. Gold 10 also includes an extra set of traversing traction claws.
- Crescent Moon Snowshoes Lifetime Warranty
- Made in the U.S.A.
Size - 2012 Crescent Moon Gold 9 Snowshoes