Product Details - Patagonia Men's Merino 1 Silkweight T
Our Merino 1 baselayer T-shirt has a merino/polyester blend to keep you dry and comfortable in warm to hot conditions.
We've thrown summer heat, muggy bus rides and weeks without a laundry at this T-shirt and it still keeps us cool, resists odors and feels soft on the skin. The lightest of our merino baselayer fabrics, Merino 1 Silkweight is made to keep you dry and comfortable in warm-to-hot conditions. Merino wool is naturally breathable, regulates body temperature and stretches. It's also wonderfully soft and naturally resists odor. Our wool comes from non-mulesed Australian merino sheep. We slow wash it for softness and shrink resistance without the use of chlorine, then blend it with 35% polyester (100% recycled) for durability, dry times and moisture transfer superior to that of 100% merino. The offset shoulder and side seams lie smoothly beneath pack straps. Machine wash cold; machine dry at low temperatures. Fabric is bluesign® approved.
Product Specifications - Patagonia Men's Merino 1 Silkweight T
- Merino wool/polyester blend keeps you dry and comfortable even when wet, is stronger and more durable than 100% wool, has a softer hand, naturally controls odor, and wicks perspiration
- 18.9 micron-gauge yarn and jersey-knit construction
- Self-fabric collar band for comfort
- Set-in sleeves
- Side seams offset to eliminate irritation
- Slow-washed without chlorine to prevent shrinkage; bluesign® approved
- Machine-wash cold, tumble dry at low temperature
- 3.5-oz (120-g) 65% chlorine-free merino wool/ 35% polyester (100% recycled)
- 119 g (4.2 oz)
- Made in Vietnam.
Raw, untreated wool has scales that make it itchy and coarse and cause it to shrink, so most wool fabrics are treated with chlorine to reduce the scales. But chlorine is a pervasive pollutant that’s especially harmful to organisms living in water and soil. We remove the scales from our merino wool fibers using a unique chlorine-free process that’s bluesign® approved.
At Patagonia we seek to build the best product and cause no unnecessary harm. That's our mission statement, and it takes many forms. As it applies to making products, we work hard to source materials and use processes that are less harmful to the Earth without compromising quality. Because to us, quality is not only how well a product performs and holds up, but also how it's made.
Size - Patagonia Men's Merino 1 Silkweight T
Click here for SIZE CHART